Instagram has roughly one billion users worldwide! In this course, participants will develop competencies around searching Instagram effectively by exploiting public information and having the ability to “deep dive” into user data.
Who should take this course?
- This course is for those in investigative roles such as analysts and researchers.
- Course length: 4 weeks / 25 hours
- Familiarity with the Internet and social media
Upon the successful completion of this program, students will be able to competently find various information gathering points on Instagram.
By learning to properly use Instagram, and all of its features, the student will be able to gather information on:
- Their subject (and possibly locate other subjects),
- Their witness (and possibly locate other witnesses),
- Their victim (and possibly locate other victims),
- The crime itself (video and images),
- Monitor events.
Upon successful completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Demonstrate, through exploiting Instagram’s search, how to conduct an investigation on an individual, group or event;
- Demonstrate how to exploit the search features of Instagram;
- Set up "sock puppets" and why it's important to follow certain protocols;
- State the importance of how to capture online information;
Students will require the following:
- Laptop or desktop computer
- Reliable internet connection
- Unrestricted Internet access to websites and ability to download software
- Instagram profile
- Specific course evaluation information will be provided by the instructor at the start of the course.
- Most courses have short quizzes at the end of each unit.
- Typically, most of the courses are either a P/F or require the student to finish the course with a 70% average.
Why is this course different from other Instagram courses?
- Ritu has recent and relevant investigative knowledge and experience and provides practical tips and tricks for Instagram investigations.
- Ritu also offers a unique perspective on issues that affect Canadian investigators.
|Unit 1||Copyright Notice|
|Unit 2||Welcome to Instagram|
|Unit 3||Instagram for OSINT Purposes|
|Unit 4||Research Accounts|
|Unit 5||Finding the User ID|
|Unit 6||Search Strategies using Names, Hashtags, Locations, and Emojis|
|Unit 7||Pivot Points/Reviewing Profiles|
|Unit 8||Google Search for Instagram Content|
|Unit 9||Following and Followers List|
|Unit 10||Private Accounts|
|Unit 11||Saving Content: Photos, Videos, Stories, Reels, Highlights|
|Unit 12||Forgot Password Technique|
|Unit 13||Third Party Tools|
|Unit 14||Legality, Morals and Ethics|
|Unit 15||Legal Application|
|Unit 16||Course Survey|