Who Can Take CTI Courses?
Police Officers – An individual who is a recognized, sworn peace officer with a municipal, provincial or federal organization.
Special Constables – An individual who is a recognized, sworn peace officer with either a municipal, provincial or federal organization.
Provincial or Federal Investigators – An individual who is currently employed with a recognized provincial, or federal, ministry or agency that conducts provincial or federal investigations.
Analysts & Researchers – An individual who is currently employed with a recognized municipal, provincial or federal agency or law enforcement service that conducts investigations.
Corporate Investigators – An individual who is currently employed at a recognized company, or institution, that conducts investigations. Examples would include insurance companies.
Private Investigators – An individual who holds a valid, ministry issued private investigators license, and is currently employed by a ministry recognized security company.
Taking an online course will be considered the same as attending an in-classroom course.
Students are expected to:
- Complete each course section
- Complete each course quiz
- Complete the final exam / quiz
- Complete the course by the designated end date specified by the instructor
- Advise the instructor of any issues that might prevent the student from completing the course by the specified end date
Each student will be provided with:
- A specified course end date
- A mid point “friendly reminder”
- A final week “friendly reminder”
- Full access to the instructor between the hours of 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM PST (full access means that the instructor will return all emailed questions, concerns or comments within 30 minutes of receiving the student’s email)
For each course, after each section there will either be a short quiz or scenario to reinforce the student’s understanding of the concepts being taught.
The final “exam” will be a realistic investigative scenario that the student may encounter and will require you to employ all of the modules covered in a course in order to satisfactorily “solve” the file.
Non-Completion by Course End Date
Any student who does not complete the course by the specified end date will:
- Not receive a Letter of Completion / Certificate
- Not be issued a refund for the course
What You Will Need for CTI Courses
We specialize in investigating the Internet and social media. Because of this, we require students to create social media profiles either before, or during, the course. Each course description advises the student which social media accounts will be required to complete the course.
- A laptop or desktop – NOT a tablet or smartphone – running the Windows, MAC or Linux operating systems
- Be able to install programs on your laptop or desktop (computer Admin access). By “programs” we mean Chrome extensions
- The Chrome web browser
Check each course description for the necessary accounts:
- A Gmail account – you can create one during the course
- A Twitter account – you can create one during the course
- A Facebook account – you can create one during the course
- A LinkedIn account – you can create one during the course
- An Instagram account – you can create one during the course
- A TikTok account – you can create one during the course
- An Outlook email account – you can create one during the course
What CTI Courses DO NOT Cover
- Computer forensics
- Seizing electronic devices
- Child exploitation files
- In-depth legal issues