Before taking any course from any company always check the credentials of both the instructor(s) and the organization.
- Have they ever been a police officer?
- Have they ever investigated Technological or Internet files?
- Have they ever been recognized as a court expert?
- Have they ever received recognition for their investigations?
- What exactly are they going to teach you?
- Will their course material actually help you with your investigations?
A Police Officer and Open Source Trainer
- I was a police officer for over 28 years with one of the largest municipal police departments in Canada
- I was with the Technological Crime Unit for over 12 years
- I have been using open source investigative techniques since 1998
- Since the early 2000’s I have taught thousands of police officers, intelligence analysts, government agencies and private groups about the Internet and Social Media
- I was the departmental Internet trainer and policy adviser
- I have taught at the Justice Institute of BC, the BC Police Academy and the BC Institute of Technology
- I have been declared a Provincial court expert in Social Media
- I have received local, national and international recognition for my Internet investigations
- I have advised senior management on Internet privacy issues
- I have appeared before the Canadian Privacy Commission and advised on police, privacy and the Internet
- I assisted / advised every section within my department on files requiring Internet expertise
- I am regularly contacted by outside agencies for advice regarding Internet investigations
- I have worked in:
- Youth Squad
- Waterfront Unit
- Drug Enforcement and Education
- Criminal Intelligence Section
- Financial Crime Section
- Technological Crime Unit (Internet Investigations)
A Private Investigator, Researcher and Open Source Trainer
- Investigate both criminal and civil Internet files
- Conduct open source research
- Continue to train other investigators in open source techniques
You will not find a more qualified or experienced trainer – anywhere.