According to WallaRoomMedia, a digital marketing firm, TikTok is available in over 150 countries, has over 1 billion users, and has been downloaded over 200 million times in the United States alone. This short video-sharing app popularized by Gen Z internet users, or those roughly between the ages of 15 to 25, is rapidly becoming one of Canada's most downloaded apps.
In this course, participants will develop competent investigative strategies for exploiting TikTok and "deep diving" into the user data. This data then allows investigators to pivot onto other sites to further their investigation.
- Course length: 1 week or approximately 5 hours
Who Should Take This Course
- Any investigator that wants a “deep dive” into TikTok to exploit all of its search capabilities and user data
- Familiarity with the Internet and social media
- Much of the information found on TikTok allows us to branch off onto other important social media websites
- If you are new to OSINT we suggest that you start with either our Internet Lite or our Internet for Investigators Level I & Internet for Investigators Level II courses
Upon the successful completion of this program students will be able to competently data mine TikTok. By learning to properly use TikTok, and all of its features, the student will be able to gather information on:
- Their subject
- Their followers
- Who they follow
- Their likes and interests
- Possible associates
All of the above information allows the student to pivot to other investigative sites and techniques.
Upon successful completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Demonstrate, through exploiting TikTok's search engine, how to conduct an investigation on an individual, business, group or event
- Demonstrate how to exploit the search features of TikTok
- Set up their TikTok account for covert investigations
- State the importance of how to capture online information
- Set up "sock puppets" and why it's important to follow certain protocols
Text & Resource Material
Students will require the following:
- Laptop or desktop that uses either the Windows, MAC or Linux operating system
- The Chrome web browser
- Unrestricted Internet access
- Students will be supplied with an eManual
- Specific course evaluation information will be provided by the instructor at the start of the course
- This course is strictly a learning course
- This course is not offered by the college.
- Upon successful course completion the student will receive a course certificate issued by Cyber Training International.
$75.00 (+5% GST)
Please see our Course Policies & Requirements for details.
|Unit 5||Desktop - No Login|
|Unit 6||Desktop - No Login Cont|
|Unit 7||Capture Videos - No Login|
|Unit 8||TikTok Sock Puppets|
|Unit 9||TikTok Login|